All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
The natural world as affected by human activity, the surroundings or conditions in which a people, animals, or plants live, habitat.
Top 20 Tags
The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but "Can they suffer?”
Protein plays a crucial role in almost all biological processes and amino acids are the building blocks of it.
A large proportion of our cells, muscles and tissue is made up of amino acids - 20% Of the human body is made up of protein.
~500 Amino acids are known, 20 appear in the genetic code, 9 are essential for humans because they cannot be created from other compounds by the human body, and must be taken from food.
Amino acids carry out many important bodily functions:
- give cells their structure;
- play a key role in the transport and the storage of nutrients;
- have an influence on the function of organs, glands, tendons and arteries;
- essential for healing wounds and repairing tissue;
- important removal of waste deposits.