Humans alone outweigh all the remaining terrestrial mammals on the planet by about seven times, the livestock weighs double that again.
All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Human, Livestock vs Wild Mammal Biomass on Earth
Similar by Tags
Top 20 Tags
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
Protein plays a crucial role in almost all biological processes and amino acids are the building blocks of it.
A large proportion of our cells, muscles and tissue is made up of amino acids - 20% Of the human body is made up of protein.
~500 Amino acids are known, 20 appear in the genetic code, 9 are essential for humans because they cannot be created from other compounds by the human body, and must be taken from food.
Amino acids carry out many important bodily functions:
- give cells their structure;
- play a key role in the transport and the storage of nutrients;
- have an influence on the function of organs, glands, tendons and arteries;
- essential for healing wounds and repairing tissue;
- important removal of waste deposits.