Blue African fruit of a plant plant Pollia condensata contains no blue pigment. The blue and its iridescent shine are caused by a Bragg reflection - intense peaks of light generated at certain wavelengths and angles - created by spirally stacked cellulose fibers that form multiple layers in the fruit's skin.
All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Blue Iridescent Fruits without Pigment
Similar by Tags
Top 20 Tags
Thich Nhat Hanh
If we stop consuming, they will stop producing.
A plant-based diet is a diet of any animal (including humans) based on foods derived from plants, including vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits, but with few or no animal products.
"Plant-based diet" has been used to refer to the following diets:
- Vegan diet - no food from animal sources.
- Fruitarian - consists primarily of fruit.
- Raw vegan - food is uncooked and sometimes dehydrated.
- Vegetarian - plant foods, may include eggs and dairy, but no meat.
- Ovo-lacto vegetarian - includes dairy and eggs.
- Ovo vegetarian - includes eggs but no dairy.
- Lacto vegetarian - includes dairy but no eggs.
- Pescatarian - diet with eggs, dairy and seafood.
- Semi-vegetarian - with occasional inclusion of meat.