All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Page 2 of 2
Top 20 Tags
It is naively assumed that the fact that the majority of people share certain ideas and feelings proves the validity of these ideas and feelings. Nothing could be further from the truth. Consensual validation as such has no bearing on reason or mental health.
A plant-based diet is a diet of any animal (including humans) based on foods derived from plants, including vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits, but with few or no animal products.
"Plant-based diet" has been used to refer to the following diets:
- Vegan diet - no food from animal sources.
- Fruitarian - consists primarily of fruit.
- Raw vegan - food is uncooked and sometimes dehydrated.
- Vegetarian - plant foods, may include eggs and dairy, but no meat.
- Ovo-lacto vegetarian - includes dairy and eggs.
- Ovo vegetarian - includes eggs but no dairy.
- Lacto vegetarian - includes dairy but no eggs.
- Pescatarian - diet with eggs, dairy and seafood.
- Semi-vegetarian - with occasional inclusion of meat.