All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Lifestyle vlogs - videos and short films - by Lena, a vegan fruitarian European in California
Fruitarian Shopping in a local market in Costa Mesa, California, " Growers Direct," a neat friendly store. I bought Persimmons and watermelons for a few days.
After watching the last video by okraw about shopping in one of these store around my area (Orange County, California), I went to one location of Grocery Outlet myself, and checked for vegan fruitarian (frugan) options.
My tiny running story. Construction on the river. On the way back I packed my phone away, ran, and pain almost went away after a kilometer or two.
I went for a run/walk up the river this time, met bicyclists.
Top 20 Tags
Man, do not pride yourself on superiority to animals.
Vitamin C, or L-ascorbic acid, or ascorbate, is an essential nutrient for humans, a water-soluble vitamin. Humans, unlike most animals, are unable to synthesize vitamin C, so it is an essential dietary component.
- Vitamin C is required for the biosynthesis of collagen (an essential component of connective tissue), L-carnitine, and certain neurotransmitters, it is also involved in protein metabolism.
- Vitamin C is also an important physiological antioxidant and has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants within the body, including alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E). Vitamin C regenerates vitamin E by reducing vitamin E radicals formed when vitamin E scavenges the oxygen radicals.
- Vitamin C plays an important role in immune function and improves the absorption of nonheme iron, the form of iron present in plant-based foods.
Approximately 70%–90% of vitamin C is absorbed at moderate intakes of 30–180 mg a day. At doses above 1 g a day, absorption falls to less than 50% and absorbed, unmetabolized ascorbic acid is excreted in the urine.
Insufficient vitamin C intake causes scurvy, which is characterized by fatigue or lassitude, connective tissue weakness, and capillary fragility.
Cells accumulate vitamin C. The total body content of vitamin C ranges from 300 mg (at near scurvy) to about 2 g.
- High levels of vitamin C are maintained in cells and tissues, and are highest in leukocytes (white blood cells), eyes, adrenal glands, pituitary gland, and brain.
- Relatively low levels of vitamin C are found in extracellular fluids, such as plasma, red blood cells, and saliva.