All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Top 20 Tags
I have something that I call my Golden Rule. It goes something like this: 'Do unto others twenty-five percent better than you expect them to do unto you.' … The twenty-five percent is for error.
Protein plays a crucial role in almost all biological processes and amino acids are the building blocks of it.
A large proportion of our cells, muscles and tissue is made up of amino acids - 20% Of the human body is made up of protein.
~500 Amino acids are known, 20 appear in the genetic code, 9 are essential for humans because they cannot be created from other compounds by the human body, and must be taken from food.
Amino acids carry out many important bodily functions:
- give cells their structure;
- play a key role in the transport and the storage of nutrients;
- have an influence on the function of organs, glands, tendons and arteries;
- essential for healing wounds and repairing tissue;
- important removal of waste deposits.