All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Hi, my real name is Lena, I founded this site Fruitarians.net in 2010 as an international fruitarian community.
Fruitarianism for me is a quest for optimal ethical ways to live and for all good diets based on fruits and seeds.
I am a long term vegan-fruitarian, who radically changed her lifestyle as a teenager, at 18, and maintained and adjusted it during two following decades. I doubted fruitarianism, but my fruitarian position remains surprisingly strong. This a very short version of my fruitarian story.
Top 20 Tags
A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.
A plant-based diet is a diet of any animal (including humans) based on foods derived from plants, including vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits, but with few or no animal products.
"Plant-based diet" has been used to refer to the following diets:
- Vegan diet - no food from animal sources.
- Fruitarian - consists primarily of fruit.
- Raw vegan - food is uncooked and sometimes dehydrated.
- Vegetarian - plant foods, may include eggs and dairy, but no meat.
- Ovo-lacto vegetarian - includes dairy and eggs.
- Ovo vegetarian - includes eggs but no dairy.
- Lacto vegetarian - includes dairy but no eggs.
- Pescatarian - diet with eggs, dairy and seafood.
- Semi-vegetarian - with occasional inclusion of meat.