All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Fruitarian Salad - a somewhat complex non-sweet fruit salad recipe, with my usual spices and herbs, and with some additional ingredients this time like chives, oregano, sage, thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary, etc. - raw vegan, for Winter and cold - a 30-minute improvised video:
Hope you liked some of my ideas and got your own!
Some fruitarians maintain that fruitarian diet should include only fruit flesh, which usually surrounds seeds of the common fruits. They insist on nver including seeds, because eating them would mean the same as destroying plants (or their "babies").
I must disagree.
- First, seeds are not developed organisms. The main premise of fruitarianism is that complex organisms as plants deserve our ethical consideration, and most seeds are just dormant plant matter: it would be highly impractical and even immoral to treat them as individuals.
- Second, they are produced by plants in excess, not all require to go through our digestive system, and only few can develop into organisms due to shortage of resources on this planet.
- Third, fruitarianism is about fruits is botanical sense, not culinary or common.
This is amazing how many times I was asked: where do you get your protein? Many people seem to think that there is no protein in fruit. Let's look into it.
- How much protein one needs? ↓
- How much protein is in fruit and seeds? ↓
- Is that the right protein? ↓
I composed two lists with a few examples of the fruitarian food sources of zinc: fruits, seeds, seaweeds and mushrooms. You can compare the amounts of zinc in them with the recommended daily allowance of the mineral. RDA is usually around 20% higher than the amount needed for half of the healthy people.
Here are two examples of two random satisfying days of vegan fruitarian food for one female and one male persons.
How is your "perfect" day of food looks like?
Yesterday was one of mine (Fruitarian Lena):
- two glasses of freshly made organic orange juice,
- a great smoothie with strawberries, purple grapes, bananas and oranges,
- ~50 g of organic raw zucchini chips (with sesame and sunflower seeds),
- a few dehydrated tomatoes,
- tried 4-5 pea sprouts for the first time,
- a big bowl of organic blueberries and blackberries,
- a pound pack (1/2 kg) of very ripe dark red organic strawberries!
Fruitarian meals, recipes, menus, meal plans.
Page 1 of 2
Top 20 Tags
To be is to be perceived.
A forest is a large area dominated by trees. Forests are the dominant terrestrial ecosystem of Earth, cover approximately 30% of the world's land, and contain 80% of the plant biomass.