All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Diet - providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth, choice of nutrition.
Top 20 Tags
The thinking man must oppose all cruel customs no matter how deeply rooted in tradition and surrounded by a halo. When we have a choice, we must avoid bringing torment and injury into the life of another, even the lowliest creature; to do so is to renounce our manhood and shoulder a guilt which nothing justifies.
Vitamins are a group of substances that are needed for normal cell function, growth, and development. There are 13 essential vitamins:
- Vitamin A (retinol, retinal, 4 carotenoids)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D (D3 - Cholecalciferol, D2 - Ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin E (tocopherols, tocotrienols)
- Vitamin K (phylloquinone, menaquinones)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine, pyridoxal, pyridoxamine)
- Vitamin B7 (biotin)
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
Fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the body's fatty tissue: vitamins A, D, E, K.
Water-soluble vitamins - the body must use almost all water-soluble vitamins right away - vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and C.
Vitamin B12 is the only water-soluble vitamin that can be stored in the liver for many years.