Vegetable is any part of a plant that is consumed by humans as food. The term "vegetable" is largely defined through culinary and cultural tradition. It normally excludes other food derived from plants such as fruits, nuts and cereal grains, but includes seeds such as pulses. (Search Vegetables)
All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Similar by Tags
Top 20 Tags
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Vitamins are a group of substances that are needed for normal cell function, growth, and development. There are 13 essential vitamins:
- Vitamin A (retinol, retinal, 4 carotenoids)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D (D3 - Cholecalciferol, D2 - Ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin E (tocopherols, tocotrienols)
- Vitamin K (phylloquinone, menaquinones)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine, pyridoxal, pyridoxamine)
- Vitamin B7 (biotin)
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
Fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the body's fatty tissue: vitamins A, D, E, K.
Water-soluble vitamins - the body must use almost all water-soluble vitamins right away - vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and C.
Vitamin B12 is the only water-soluble vitamin that can be stored in the liver for many years.