Among Chinese adults, a higher level of fruit consumption was associated with lower blood pressure and blood glucose levels and, largely independent of these and other dietary and nondietary factors, with significantly lower risks of major cardiovascular diseases.
All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Fruit for Lower Blood Pressure and Glucose Levels
Similar by Tags
Top 20 Tags
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Vitamins are a group of substances that are needed for normal cell function, growth, and development. There are 13 essential vitamins:
- Vitamin A (retinol, retinal, 4 carotenoids)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D (D3 - Cholecalciferol, D2 - Ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin E (tocopherols, tocotrienols)
- Vitamin K (phylloquinone, menaquinones)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine, pyridoxal, pyridoxamine)
- Vitamin B7 (biotin)
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
Fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the body's fatty tissue: vitamins A, D, E, K.
Water-soluble vitamins - the body must use almost all water-soluble vitamins right away - vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and C.
Vitamin B12 is the only water-soluble vitamin that can be stored in the liver for many years.