The banana industry is dominated by 5 international companies. When bananas are grown on a large monocultural scale, thousands of tonnes of toxic pesticides are poured on the plantations often sprayed from planes overhead. Five of the chemicals used on bananas are classified as extremely hazardous by the World Health Organisation (WHO). Banana bunches are often wrapped on the tree with pesticide-coated plastic bags for protection.
All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Banana Industry Environmental Impact
Similar by Tags
Top 20 Tags
Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
A plant-based diet is a diet of any animal (including humans) based on foods derived from plants, including vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits, but with few or no animal products.
"Plant-based diet" has been used to refer to the following diets:
- Vegan diet - no food from animal sources.
- Fruitarian - consists primarily of fruit.
- Raw vegan - food is uncooked and sometimes dehydrated.
- Vegetarian - plant foods, may include eggs and dairy, but no meat.
- Ovo-lacto vegetarian - includes dairy and eggs.
- Ovo vegetarian - includes eggs but no dairy.
- Lacto vegetarian - includes dairy but no eggs.
- Pescatarian - diet with eggs, dairy and seafood.
- Semi-vegetarian - with occasional inclusion of meat.