When I need to fly, I always try to request a fruit plate or a vegan dish of some kind, or at least vegetarian, even though I am unlikely to eat most of it.
This year I got lucky on my way to Europe with the fruit on a Lufthansa flight, and it made the trip more pleasant.
Everything was fresh and I ate everything. Hope you can get ripe fruit on your travel too.
Parent Category: Lena
A plant-based diet is a diet of any animal (including humans) based on foods derived from plants, including vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits, but with few or no animal products.
"Plant-based diet" has been used to refer to the following diets:
- Vegan diet - no food from animal sources.
- Fruitarian - consists primarily of fruit.
- Raw vegan - food is uncooked and sometimes dehydrated.
- Vegetarian - plant foods, may include eggs and dairy, but no meat.
- Ovo-lacto vegetarian - includes dairy and eggs.
- Ovo vegetarian - includes eggs but no dairy.
- Lacto vegetarian - includes dairy but no eggs.
- Pescatarian - diet with eggs, dairy and seafood.
- Semi-vegetarian - with occasional inclusion of meat.