Today in the pool I repeated yesterday, made 132 of 25 yards (3K or 3 km) in 1:29 (89 minutes vs 91 last time), then swam till 148 (3.7K). Started with most lengths in 36 seconds, in 50s went down to 38-39, by the end I was already over 40.
Yesterday I read more tips for better Breaststroke, and today I tried a few things:
- not to bring my hands behind my shoulders - finished the arm round faster,
- to round my shoulders a bit by going out of the water - this I tried somewhere in 70s (laps) and it took me awhile to synchronize by body properly with this newly introduced movement, the problem was also that my body went higher out of the water than normally, and then sunk lower, which brought my lower body and legs to high up and I felt even touching the water surface with my feet: it made their puch less powerful,
- then I started looking down to measure the sliding speed after the leg move to find the optimal time point to end gliding and take a breath, sometimes I went out a moment earlier, sometimes later, and measured the lap speed, and found out that I did not slide long enough before,
- so I figured the better rhythm for myself, and it happened to be 4/4:
1 - inhale with arm stroke, 2 - leg stroke, 3-4 - gliding, and this division is not quite right, but the counting was helpful.
- "One, two, three, four."
- "Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier".
- "Раз, два, три, четыре".
- - I could not decide, which language was better :)
Bringing my head down to see the bottom of the pool with its tiles straight created a problem of grasping water with my nose sometimes, because I could not coordinate changing the angle of my head moving out of the water perfectly, and not only at first, but several times randomly till the end.
But I am happy with the 2 minutes gain and hope to have even more fun tomorrow, because I bought a tighter silicon swim cup because my long hair was all over the place, slapping around on turns and covering my goggles on the way out, and on long swims it is annoying.
Ah yes, I needed to stop twice for 20-30 seconds: to rinse the glasses and to adjust the watch.
Wish you to move forward without interruptions!