All about fruitarianism with a long-term fruitarian, Lena
Top 20 Tags
A sharp distinction between humans and “animals” is essential if we are to bend them to our will, make them work for us, wear them, eat them–without any disquieting tinges of guilt or regret. It is unseemly of us, who often behave so unfeeling toward other animals, to contend that only humans can suffer. The behavior of other animals renders such pretensions specious. They are just too much like us.
Protein plays a crucial role in almost all biological processes and amino acids are the building blocks of it.
A large proportion of our cells, muscles and tissue is made up of amino acids - 20% Of the human body is made up of protein.
~500 Amino acids are known, 20 appear in the genetic code, 9 are essential for humans because they cannot be created from other compounds by the human body, and must be taken from food.
Amino acids carry out many important bodily functions:
- give cells their structure;
- play a key role in the transport and the storage of nutrients;
- have an influence on the function of organs, glands, tendons and arteries;
- essential for healing wounds and repairing tissue;
- important removal of waste deposits.